I did a quick audit today of the core issues I am currently working on with the clients in my business mentoring groups. These are typical, and the list is not exhaustive by any means. Do you recognise your own struggles, opportunities and challenges? If so, we’d love to have you join one of our communities. Simply book yourself in for a free consultation, no strings attached, and let’s explore the possibilities together.
- Manifesting a reliable flow of income from (and balancing) a variety of creative projects
- Getting more paying clients more regularly and more reliably
- Creating a sustainable coaching practice and other client service businesses e.g. web design
- Being the boss, hiring and firing, making hard decisions – slash and burn when required
- Leaving the day job and becoming a professional writer
- Procrastination and self-sabotage
- Battling demons or all incarnations
- Getting a grip with your accounts, understanding money, smoothing out cashflow feast and famine
- Accountability, needing someone who cares to be answerable to
- Somewhere to check in and share successes and wins and good news
- Tuning into and surfing the magical vibe in our groups, it’s infectious, your success is ours and vice versa
- Managing stress and coping with illness and other disruptions
- Getting back on the business track after a lot of life’s diversions
- Finding a way to follow a personal dream
- Building a business as an artist/writer/playwright/musician/perfumer/property expert/party planner/adventurer/EFT practitioner and more
- Discovering your thing, excavating the business in your soul
- Having a wonderful creative life, just having any sort of wonderful life (!)
- Busyness – where to put your focus when pulled in all directions
- Time management and prioritising
- Clarity, insights and inspiration
- Talking about how we feel (yikes!)… feeling OK and better than that
- Community – finding allies and fans, cheering up and being cheered up too
- Discovering how you would like to create an income from being self-employed
- Questions and dilemmas??? What should you do?
- Help! It’s lonely working at home by myself – the virtual water-cooler moment
- Pricing profitably, asking for what you’re worth
- Growing a fledgling business, which steps in what order
- Marketing ideas, prices, packages, strategy
- Creating something of value which your clients will love
- Add your own in here
Although this reads like a long list, it is really just the tip of the iceberg. No question is too small or too silly. Thank Heavens you asked it because you will help many more and we all learn from you and you being brave enough to ask.
Creating a business to love is a spiritual quest, a hero’s journey. Being self-employed brings personal development challenges into stark relief and there’s no hiding place so you might as well take them on sooner rather than later. Together we conquer each, one step at a time, so you can design the life you want to be leading and generating the income to pay for it.
What’s on your mind when it comes to working for yourself, being self-employed, an entrepreneur, a freelancer or a small business owner? I hope you’ll let me know.